Plaster Cornice coving, moldings, ceiling roses and other plaster ornaments are used as a finishing touch to any building, whether it is a residential building or a commercial building. Plaster is flat and can be applied on concrete walls and ceilings by using a thin layer of plaster moulding. A plaster layer has a thickness of between 1 and 6 mm. Plaster provides a smooth surface for stucco, painting, sauces and wallpaper.
Usage of Plaster Cornice and moulding in different areas
- Turnip Work is a combo of plaster or cement-based product that is used as a finishing material on brick walls and ceilings. A turnip work layer is between 8 mm and 4 cm thick.
- Barn Work – With this finish, the sanding sponge is used because the rubbing results in a cloud like effect and a natural color shade. Barn Work will not get dull quickly.
- Exterior Facades – By using cornice plastering on exterior facade creates a beautification of the facade. An exterior can be finished with sanding or plaster Corbels. Decorative plaster can be used in almost any color.
- Decorative Plasters Ornamental is a collective term for various finishes. Decorative plaster mouldings and coving are plastic bonded used as a finish product for walls and partitions. It can be applied in virtually any desired color because the material of decorative plaster moulding is composed of high quality, it can also be applied on both outside and inside walls.
Decorative moldings are made from plaster model. This pure and hard plaster type is poured into molds and available in all kinds of styles. Moreover plaster moldings can be made with traditional methods to restore old designs. Here are some benefits of using decorative plaster mouldings and cornice designs:
- Plaster mouldings can be drawn by hand, giving a very straight, smooth and tight result which is obtained without differences in thickness.
- Plaster moldings are made of a high quality gypsum, which is tough, strong, and much less porous. This enables better and faster to process the frames.
- The smooth finish moldings are extremely well suited for any maintenance and painting.
- Moldings at the bottom can be reinforced by the use of reinforcement mesh, this makes the list not only robust but also save time when cutting lists and further finishing.
- Moldings can made in any radius and size as well as made for circular walls, bay windows running around or understated. Any model is possible in plaster or cement quality.
Watch This Video
CorniceDesigns.co.uk has a completely their own production and design department where decorative plaster moldings and all types of ornaments are made in both traditional and modern way. Cornicedesigns has a very broad and deep range of plaster frames, so any design can be made easily. You can also contact them to let restore your old ceilings, walls and decorative pieces in old glory.